Expand your hearing and producing chops
by analyzing your favorite artists
A 1.5 hour workshop on Saturday, June 24th, 2023
Do you listen to tracks from your favorite artists and wish you could grab some of that special something to make your music sound like that?
Do you find yourself sometimes overwhelmed by all the sonic possibilities when you open your DAW?
Do you sometimes feel like the difference in production quality between you and your favorite artists is almost insurmountable?
If you answered yes to any of these questions,
then this workshop is for you!
Meet your instructor:
Acclaimed professional songwriter, performer, teacher
What to expect:
- We’ll start out with some listening and discussion of what we’re hearing in a famous, successful track
- Then we’ll build a production of an original song based on the reference track
- We’ll repeat the process (in a condensed way) but with a second reference track
- In other words, we’ll take a Gary song and build it out as if it were recorded by two other familiar artists
- Naturally, we’ll have Q+A along the way and at the end
- And you’ll leave the workshop with some additional goodies:
- a list of additional free plugins that we like and use
- a list of a few versatile low-cost plugins that we like and use
- 2 templates in Logic, based on the productions we worked on in class, for those of you who work in Logic
- an exclusive coupon for $100 off the Produce Yourself course
Who is it for?
This workshop is for anyone who is interested in song production – the nuts-and-bolts mechanics of how songs get arranged and recorded. Whether you’re an experienced producer or a complete newbie, you’ll walk away from this workshop with a fresh, organic set of tactics for producing your own work.
It’s especially great for songwriters and composers who are already familiar with a DAW and want to be as creative with their production as they are with their songwriting.
We’ll be using Logic Pro X for the examples in the workshop, but the concepts are easily translatable to any DAW or recording platform.
When is it?
on Zoom on June 24th,
from 1:30-3:00PM Eastern Time Zone.
What if I can’t attend the live session? Will it be recorded?
Register below to have exclusive access to the recording for a month after the workshop is finished.
How much does it cost?
Normally, a live, interactive online workshops like this one could cost between $99-149. Because of our boutique size and low overhead, we at golden lotus studio are delighted to offer you this workshop for the introductory price of only $19.