with Logic Pro X:
Getting Wildly Creative and Falling in Love with Your DAW
Do you ever open your DAW and get so overwhelmed by all the options and details that it’s difficult to feel the inspiration or even remember exactly why you opened it?
Do you ever open a file in your recording software with great intentions to create in a playful and curious way, but end up feeling so oppressed by the grids and numbers and buttons and mathematical functions that your critical brain takes over?
Do you wish you could have FUN producing your own songs to the point where you’re excited to share them with people?
If you’re tired of spinning your wheels alone, buried in help documents and YouTube videos, and you want to not only feel like your software is an inspired extension of who you are as an artist, but also you’re ready to gather the secrets of top music producers that will unlock some of the mysteries of the recorded music you love and apply them in an inspired way to your own songs, then you’ve come to the right place! Introducing…
— A truly unique, guided course in the playground that is Logic Pro X.
Who’s it for?
- This course is for beginner to intermediate users of Logic Pro X who want to get fluent in the software to the extent that opening it is fun and a signal to your soul that it’s time for the creativity to flow!
- This course is also for more advanced users who want to fill in some gaps in their learning and improve their workflows while learning to fall in love with the process again.
- And this course is perfect for users of another DAW (like Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Cubase, or Garageband) who want to quickly learn to rock the unique brilliance of Logic.
What you’ll learn
✓ How to make incredibly professional sounding recordings and mixes using relatively inexpensive gear and only free plug-ins
✓ How to set yourself up for success with consistent, enjoyable progress on your music
✓ A good, efficient workflow from beginning to end with making a song production – which steps to take and in what order
✓ Best practices from industry professionals for editing, recording and file preparation
✓ How to customize your workflow so you’re having more fun
✓ How to find constant inspiration, including from within Logic itself
✓ What to do instead when you want to use someone else’s loops
✓ Excellent resource management (and what resource management even is) including maximizing your mileage with aux buses
✓ Why templates are useful and how to build your own
✓ How to collaborate with other stellar folks using Logic
✓ Why automation is awesome, and which tasks you should NOT automate
✓ An introduction to bus mixing and why it makes more cohesive mixes
✓ How to save time and make rough mixes that translate to other listening situations well
✓ Professional mixing strategies and techniques that you can incorporate NOW
✓ Which low-cost plugins that are worth their money in spades for getting new sonic inspiration or making your brand of music that much better
— and so much more!
How to make incredibly professional sounding recordings and mixes using relatively inexpensive gear and only free plug-ins
How to set yourself up for success with consistent, enjoyable progress on your music
A good, efficient workflow from beginning to end with making a song production – which steps to take and in what order
Best practices from industry professionals for editing, recording and file preparation
How to customize your workflow so you’re having more fun
How to find constant inspiration, including from within Logic itself
What to do instead when you want to use someone else’s loops
Excellent resource management (and what resource management even is) including maximizing your mileage with aux buses
Why templates are useful and how to build your own
How to collaborate with other stellar folks using Logic
Why automation is awesome, and which tasks you should NOT automate
An introduction to bus mixing and why it makes more cohesive mixes
How to save time and make rough mixes that translate to other listening situations well
Professional mixing strategies and techniques that you can incorporate NOW
Which low-cost plugins that are worth their money in spades for getting new sonic inspiration or making your brand of music that much better
— and so much more!
Meet your instructor:
Acclaimed professional songwriter, performer, teacher
This course aims to finally put you in the driver’s seat with Logic Pro, to give you ease and facility with your software so that you can truly do what YOU want to do with it, instead of being ruled by it, or having to compromise on your ever-expanding sonic vision.
Not only am I going to be setting you up with pre-recorded videos that I’ve made especially for you to show you the concepts and the nitty-gritty of my recommendations and instruction, but I’m also very familiar with the many curricula that are out there from various industry professionals so that I’ll be sharing with you some curated video content from other experts in the field so that you get a very well-rounded perspective.
There will be fun quizzes, assignments, recommendations, and annotations about when and where you can skip ahead if you’re already established on a particular topic, or where you might want to dive deeper if you have a particular curiosity. You’ll get my own personal practices that help me use Logic as my favorite contemplative, creative tool, plus office hours with our TA Donovan Dorrance will be made available to you each week.
We use the latest version of Logic (a lot of the online resources are 5-10 versions old now) which lets us keep up-to-date with the latest features and options so we can keep our seat in the quickly changing world of music production.
Plus, the class will culminate in an album featuring your songs, and an album release listening party, hosted on YouTube by golden lotus studio
Of course, you could go it alone. There are all kinds of free Logic Pro tutorials out there and the software’s extensive documentation contains all the individual tidbits that one could ever learn about the DAW. But wouldn’t you rather have a guided tour from an experienced creative professional who has worked with this software for literally decades? Someone who knows the importance of joy, embodiment and simplicity when it comes to working with a profoundly deep tool, such as Logic Pro X?
At golden lotus studio, we believe that making music is a sacred, fun, life-changing practice. And we believe that learning happens best in community with individual attention, group support and accountability, and collaboration. So that’s why you’ll pay a little more here for a course than you will for some cookie-cutter prefab material on Udemy. But you’ll still pay less than Berklee online because even though our overhead is high with low student-to-teacher ratios and so much support, we believe that this kind of contemplative, cutting edge education should be available to all.
What you get:
10 live zoom calls with your cohort that are recorded so you can go back and watch them again, if desired
An engaging and balanced combination of pre-recorded and live content
Direct, individual feedback and support from the instructor in class or via the private class forum as well as weekly office hours from the TA, Donovan Dorrance.
A chance to collaborate with other powerful, like-minded artists
A Class Album, made with your instructor and cohort, along with an Album Release Listening Party
A joyful, unique approach that invites collaboration, builds trust quickly and gives you a feeling of belonging and support that is quite unique in the online universe
Loads of tips, techniques and industry secrets that you can use again and again for the rest of your songwriting career
UDEMY COURSE1- 6 hours
No interaction or feedback
No incentive to watch the videos or do the assignments
No individualized instruction
BERKLEE ONLINE12 weeks
Large, impersonal institution
You're a small fish in a big ocean. Don't let your music get lost.
PRODUCE YOURSELFin Logic Pro X
Includes all the benefits of the others, plus:
A proven curriculum and structure
Unparalleled individual support on your journey by the instructor and a close-knit community
Work and attend class from the comfort of your home!
At golden lotus studio, literally hundreds of people have made thousands of their best songs. I’d love for you to hear what some of my students are saying about our courses:
“As someone new to Logic Pro, Produce Yourself taught me the steps for recording and creating a basic mix in the DAW in a way that honored — and expanded — my own music making.“
– Jan H.
“Golden Lotus Studio is a jewel, a great big YES. A nourishing, vibrant incubator for growing as a creative musician, breaking through old rules, hearing the songs inside and expressing them in new ways, and having fun doing this with other like-minded musicians from all over. Highly recommended.“
– Rob R.
“As a total beginner, this class blew my mind because I didn’t think I could write a song and I wrote several. It was so fun to follow his exercises and within minutes have super fun lyrics. It was great to be in an environment with all levels of musicians and be a part of a community of music makers. “
– Macy M.
“I took [the] online workshop this winter and it was one of the most profoundly creatively satisfying experiences I’ve had. [They] foster a very positive and supportive atmosphere.”
– Mark C.
– The only prerequisite is that you own the Logic Pro X software (which can only be purchased for a Mac computer). It’s great if you also own some minimal recording equipment (like an audio interface, a microphone, a MIDI keyboard) but none of those are absolute requirements. If you have questions or want help getting set up, email me at himself [at] garygrundei.com
– Hey, we’re all in this together! You can safely bet that there will be others in the same boat as you. You don’t need to have taken any other golden lotus studio courses or other music production classes. We are here to meet you where you are and help you grow and feel more comfortable. Plus, as soon as you sign up, we’ll send you some materials to get you started right away to cover some of the basics. That said, if your production skills are more advanced than your peers, there will be tiered homework assignments designed to challenge you to the degree at which you’re equipped!
– No! The best part about this course is that we get to do so much creating and exploring. Being able to read sheet music is a great skill and comes in handy when needing to digest a large quantity of very particular musical information for the sake of precise recreation. But you don’t need to know how to read sheet music when you’re creating music in a DAW like Logic! PS: You should know that there are many unbelievably talented producers that famously don’t read music… but you know what they all have in common? They all use a DAW!
– You’re going to love being present for every class of this 10-week workshop if at all possible – not just for your benefit, but for the benefit of your cohort! But if you have to miss a class or two, no sweat! We record them all and post them in the private forum so you can catch up quickly.
– Of course you can! But here’s what’s so great about this workshop as a whole: We’ve worked hard to gather all the best material in one place so you don’t have to waste time searching. We’ve also refined a lot of tricks, tips, exercises, and assignments that are designed to push you in ways that you might not push yourself (but that we promise will be good for you!). And perhaps the most irreplaceable offering is a LIVE learning experience. Being able to talk things over with an instructor and classmates beats any head-scratching + late night googling combo. Plus…there’s that class album party, I’m just sayin’.
Sign up below!
This course has already started! Sign up for the waitlist below:
with Logic Pro X